During first quarter the 2nd grade students:
- reviewed rhythms learned in 1st grade
- learned a new (2 beat) note
- began learning songs for our 2nd grade program
- reviewed the difference between "beat" and "rhythm"
- learned an apple song and created a middle section
using apple varieties to improvise a melody
- played many different instruments, including the xylophones and proper playing technique(s)
- learned the high school spirit song, "Pine City High"
- learned and memorized September and October songs of the month, "The Star Spangled Banner", and "What a Wonderful World".
- had fun!
During second quarter we look forward to:
- composing rhythms and melodies using words and our known rhythms
- learning new songs for our 2nd grade program
- learning instrument parts for our 2nd grade program songs
- singing winter and holiday songs
- having fun!