During first quarter the 4th grade students:
- reviewed rhythms learned in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades
- learned a new note (16th notes) in a new rhythm (four 16th notes together)
- began learning songs for our 4th grade program
- started memorizing the states and capitals rap
- reviewed BAG on recorder, and learned new note, low E
- played many different instruments, including the xylophones (with proper playing technique(s))
- learned to enhance a Halloween song using percussion instruments in small groups
- learned the high school spirit song, "Pine City High"
- learned and memorized September and October songs of the month, "The Star Spangled Banner", and "What a Wonderful World".
- had fun!
During second quarter we look forward to:
- continuing to use our newest note and reviewing familiar rhythms
- learning more program songs
- learning accompaniments for program songs
- continuing to play BAGE on recorder and learning low D
- beginning to learn how to play the ukulele
- singing winter and holiday songs
- having fun!