During first quarter the 3rd grade students:
- reviewed rhythms learned in 1st and 2nd grades
- learned a new (3 beat) note
- learned to feel the difference between a 2 and 3 beat pattern
- began learning songs for our 3rd grade program
- wrote class Cinquain poems that will become compositions for the 3rd grade program
- played many different instruments, including the xylophones (with proper playing technique(s))
- learned the high school spirit song, "Pine City High"
- learned and memorized September and October songs of the month, "The Star Spangled
Banner", and "What a Wonderful World".
- had fun!
During second quarter we look forward to:
- continuing to develop our class xylophone composition
- perfecting songs for our 3rd grade program
- beginning to play the recorder (after winter break)
- singing winter and holiday songs
- having fun!